CST are offering Foundation Degree in community football
FOUNDATION DEGREE IN COMMUNITY FOOTBALL COACHING & DEVELOPMENT
Shrewsbury Town Community Sports Trust are now offering an exciting Foundation Degree in community football coaching & development based at the Greenhous Meadow Stadium in partnership with USW and the Football League Trust. The degree is designed for individuals who wish to work in the ever-expanding football industry, whether this is as a coach, or as a member of staff working within communities developing initiatives and driving participation through education in football.
The degree is also endorsed by Sports Coach UK, highlighting that what you will learn meets industry standards and requirements, giving you an advantage when you come to seek employment.
The two year course also allows students to study all sub disciplines of coaching and gain valuable industry recognised qualifications’.
- Football Association of Wales (FAW) Level 2 (UEFA C) and Level 3 (UEFA B) coaching licenses
- Community football development
- Principles of coaching
- Regular coaching opportunities with community and academy staff which will be a further opportunity to apply your knowledge with an extensive work based learning programme, working within specific roles and real life football projects with our community coaches
- Community sport in practice
- The course will teach you aspects of generic children’s and youth coaching, football coaching, football development, social inclusion, and sports management skills
- Lectures, seminars and tutorials will be delivered on site and via on-line material
- You will be enrolled as a student at the University of South Wales and have access to online library, blackboard and other learning materials
- You will spend a minimum of seven days per year at the University of South Wales High Performance Centre – The USW Sport Park and receive full accommodation during these teaching blocks
- 120 – 180 UCAS points
- FA Level 1 Award in Coaching Football (which can be obtained through the Community Trust)
- Five A* - C’s at GCSE
- Top up to a full BSc (Hons) degree at the University of South Wales
- Coaching opportunities in America
- Job opportunities within Shrewsbury Town Football Club and Shrewsbury Town Community Sports Trust
- £7,500 per academic year (covered by student finance)
- £200 for compulsory sports kit
Shrewsbury Town Community Sports Trust will be holding a presentation evening for the course at the Greenhous Meadow Stadium on Thursday 10th July 2014