Programme named Best League 2 programme in MPC awardsTown Talk has been named the best League 2 programme in the Midlands Programme Club awards.
The new look Town Talk has received lots of praise for its redesign and good balance of new content and old favourites.
The Midland Programme Club noted the awards was down in part to -
* Great eye-catching cover, love the action shot and design imagery.
* Minimal Advertising within the programme.
* Great lay-out overall
* 84 packed pages of Quality Shrews info
* Well laid-out and a great blend of articles, pictures and stats
* Loved the 'Classic Images' and Life After Town' features - great for fans to read
* Stats pages easy to read and straight forward
* Opposition feature was great and introduced the opposition very well
* Plenty of Community activity included - very informative
* Great overall value for money and a pleasure to read
Shrewsbury Town media manager said:”It’s a great honour to win any award but ones which are voted for by programme collectors tend to be special.
“Town Talk is a real team effort with a lot good writers delivering great content to some very tight deadlines.
“This week we have produced the Bury programme, finished the Portsmouth programme and are now well into a bumper 100 page edition for the Chelsea game.
“The programme has always been highly regarded over the past 12 years and has picked up a number of awards but with Matt Williams coming in as CEO is has been great to have someone else who has produced programmes. To have a fresh pair of eyes to look at the programme and suggest new ideas and improvements has been a big help.”
The award winning Town Talk will be on sale ahead of the Portsmouth from the sellers around the ground and from the club shop.