First team looking for to add to Performance Analysis department1st Team Analyst Work Experience Opportunity at Shrewsbury Town
Shrewsbury Town Football Club are offering a work experience opportunity within the fastest growing department at the club. We are looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic individual to assist the Performance Analysis department throughout the 2016/17 season. This position is ideally suited to someone studying or has studied a Sports Science/Coaching related degree and has an ambition to work in performance analysis in the future.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a league 1 first team environment. Whilst mainly working with the first team analyst, there will also be opportunity to spend some hours with the clubs newly appointed Head of Recruitment, who did work experience himself before taking the full time role.
The Student will gain experience of:
• Filming and capturing of training and home matches
• Providing statistical feedback to the management staff & team units
• Managing and maintaining statistical databases
• Compiling video footage of games to be used for post / pre match presentations
• Perform any other duties required to help the analysis / recruitment department of the football club
• Motivated and enthusiastic with a desire to work in performance analysis
• Able to work unsociable hours (Weekends, Evenings & Bank Holidays)
• Possess a strong football knowledge
• Familiar with SportsCode Gamebreaker, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products (However throughout your time with us you will be trained on the job to better yourself even more with these products)
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via email to Michael.Vernon@shrewsburytown.co.uk. Deadline for applications is Friday 15th of July with the availability to interview in the week following. Shrewsbury Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.