Award winners announced at fans award ceremonyShrewsbury Town fans celebrated their end of season awards last night at the Greenhous Meadow.
Paul Hurst and his squad were in attendance as Shrewsbury Town’s different supporters groups gave out their yearly awards.
There were a number of winners on the night including Abu Ogogo, Mat Sadler and Junior Brown.
There were also awards for fans who have supported the club throughout the season.
Mat Sadler was one of the big winners on the night and he was honoured to pick up the awards.
“It was lovely”, said Mat.
“There was a really nice atmosphere there and people who really take the club into their heart, love the football club and go above and beyond the call of duty for the football club.
“It was really nice to meet those people and it was obviously also nice to win a couple of awards and a couple of runners-up awards as well.
“It’s the biggest accolade you can get from the supporters. They are the people who pay your wages, they are the people who come week in, week out and watch you play – whether that’s win, lose or draw.”
Sadler has been one of Town’s outstanding players under Paul Hurst and he was delighted to pick up the award, but admitted that it will mean nothing if Town don’t stay up.
“If you’d have said to me in August, September or October that I’d be winning an award at the end of the season then I would have said that you were mad, smiled Sadler.
“Obviously, on a personal level I am eternally grateful for picking up those awards. I’ve said before and I will say again that I love playing for this club. Every single time I put the shirt on I love it and it means a lot to myself and my family, so to then win an award means a lot to me.
“These awards are lovely and they are lovely to be a part of, but the big main goal, the main objective, the total focus is geared up to tomorrow’s game and potentially next Sunday’s game, so let’s get safe.”
A full list of award winners can be found below.
Official Supporters Club
- OSC Player of the season - Abu Ogogo
- OSC Player of the season runner-up – Mat Sadler
- OSC Away player of the season – Junior Brown
- OSC Away player of the season runner-up – Mat Sadler
- OSC Ralph Clayton Award (Top Goalscorer) – Louis Dodds
- OSC Young player of the season - Kaiman Anderson
- OSC Chairman's award - Karen and Roger Barnett
- Player of the year - Mat Sadler
- Clubman of the year - Dom Smith
Away Travel Club
- Player of the Year - Shaun Whalley
- Young Player of the Year - Dom Smith
- Away Supporters of the Year - Joe Dean and Michael Dean
- Away Travel Club Award - John Bailey
Mervyn Cox Memorial Award for services to Away Travel, Super Blues and his long service as the STFC’s PA - Ryan Jervis
Services to the Supporters Parliament Award - Mike Davies