Shrewsbury Town in the Community invite you to take part in the Eaton Mascotts UK Mud RunShrewsbury Town in The Community are taking part in the Eaton Mascotts UK Mud Run on Saturday 29th April – and invite you to take part!
Tackle the elements, Shropshire’s toughest terrain and raw obstacles designed to test your stamina, strength, fitness, will-power and more!
Get ready for lots of mud, hills, bogs, marsh land, lakes, river crossings, tunnels, mud walls, trenches, head dunks and more.
With options for 10km or 16km (at no extra cost!) This event is all about the challenge of getting around and completing the course on your own or as a team. Although un-timed, the first few competitors crossing the line and the first team (all still together!) will be rewarded, however the achievement of getting through the final mud hole and being a 2017 UK Mud Run Finisher will be the biggest reward of all!
What to bring/ wear?
• Wear trail running shoes or any old trainers will do so long as you're prepared to get them muddy and wet!
• Shorts, leggings, t-shirt (base layers depending on weather) Remember these will get wet and muddy too!
• Bring an old towel, a change of socks, shoes and clothes... A bin bag or two is a good idea!
• There are no showers available on-site.
• Free bag/key drop facility.
• Parking spaces are on grass fields and are limited so try to share lifts.
• A voluntary donation towards our chosen charity will be requested on the car park entrance.
• Please follow the instructions of the marshals and officials who will be there to help you get on and off the field!
• Catering and refreshments will be available on-site
• Portaloo male and female toilets.
• There are NO showers or changing rooms.
• Trade stands including outdoor sports equipment specialists and Go-Pro camera hire.
If you require any further information, please visit UK Mud Run at: http://www.fitnessexperience.co.uk/the-shropshire-mud-run/
To take part in this event it is simple! Each adult (16 years +) must pay for their entry fee online using the unique discount code that Shrewsbury Town in the Community will provide to you. This will then confirm along with your registration that you are fundraising for Shrewsbury Town in the Community and you can get started on collecting your sponsorships!
Please note that there is no minimum sponsorship required for this event, however the more the merrier!
All sponsorship money is to be collected within 4 weeks of completing the event (Saturday 27th May 2017) and returned to the charity either by post (address is below), in person via a cheque or cash or via Justgiving (links must be shared with the charity prior).
If you would like to run in aid of Shrewsbury Town in the Community and receive a discount code (15% off entry fee), please contact Haylie Norton on Haylie.Norton@shrewsburytown.co.uk or 07525795787.