Academy looking for a new Lead Goalkeeper Coach
After recently maintaining the clubs Category 3 status, Shrewsbury Town Academy are seeking a highly motivated, skilful and enthusiastic individual to join our Academy Coaching team Full-Time as Lead Academy GK Coach.
You will lead the delivery of the Academy GK coaching programme including planning, delivery and evaluation of coaching sessions in line with the Club’s Academy philosophy. You will also develop a good working relationship with the clubs 1st team GK staff, requiring to support 1st team sessions when applicable.
• Work with the Academy Manager, Head of Academy Coach Development and Phase Leads to develop elite Goalkeepers for transition into the 1st team.
• Work closely with the Senior Team Goalkeeper Coach to ensure consistent delivery of Goalkeeper specific training.
• Development of goalkeepers from U7-U18, including management of Shadow squads and
Development Centre Goalkeepers.
• Monitoring of Goalkeepers performance during games and training including weekend and evening work.
• Liaise with all Age Group Coaches regarding training, games and progress.
• Ensure suitable Goalkeeper integration with outfield players.
• Devise individual development plans and schemes based on analysis of performance.
• Play an active role in recruitment and retention of junior goalkeepers.
• Produce detailed player reports.
• Attend at least five hours of FA in-service training per year.
• To undertake CPD organised by the Club.
• To attend & support goalkeepers at all U18 fixtures (Saturdays)
• Complete all matters relating to PMA, in respect of U18s Goalkeeper training.
• Manage Goalkeeping coaches throughout the Academy system.
You will be able to demonstrate your previous experience of providing service excellence to
Young players and parents and show the desire and commitment to develop individuals professionally and continuously. Previous experience of working with and supporting the development of children / young people is essential, as are outstanding organisational skills.
You will also possess a growth mindset towards the Academy’s Coach Development and
Mentoring programme and will show a positive attitude towards developing yourself further as a person and a coach when working closely with the Academy’s Head of Coach Development. As well as in-house one-to-one and group CPD events, you may also be supported with a CPD allowance that contributes to your coaching and personal development linked to your role at the Academy.
As a minimum, candidates must hold the UEFA B Licence and UEFA Goalkeeping B Licence and FA Youth Modules 1, 2 & 3. Candidates must also have in date Basic First Aid for Sport and FA safeguarding qualifications.
As part of the application for this position candidates will be subject to undertaking an enhanced DBS check.
If you think you can add value to our team please email your CV and a cover letter to Daniel
Copnall, Head of Academy Coach Development, stating why you would be suited to the role as well as stating which role you are applying for.
Applications close: 02 July 2018.