Job Description & Person Specification: Part-Time (Incentivised) Academy Talent Scout
Following our award of a three year Category Three Academy licence ahead of the 2018/19 season, we at Shrewsbury Town FC Academy are seeking to strengthen our team of talent scouts in Shropshire and it’s surrounding counties.
Scouting part-time for Shrewsbury Town will entail:
- Observing grassroots fixtures and identifying talented individuals with the potential to play for the Academy.
- Liaising with the Recruitment Co-ordinator to schedule and record scouting activity. - Submitting scout reports using the Academy’s scout-report template.
- Building a network of contacts in order to receive player recommendations.
- Adherence to Academy safeguarding and welfare policies.
- Attending Academy talent-ID CPD events
- Liaising with Lead Phase coaches in regard to Academy squad composition.
We would like our scouts to be able to:
- Demonstrate their ‘eye for talent’ and grasp of the standard of Academy football.
- Take initiative in planning their own scouting schedules.
- Build successful networks of well-positioned people within the grassroots game.
- Take the time to develop themselves through CPD and to understand how our Academy operates.
How will you be paid?
Our part-time scouts will operate within a performance-based, incentivised pay-structure that will be discussed at interview.
How can you apply?
All interested parties should send an email titled ‘Part-Time Scout: Application’ with their CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.10.18.