Head Academy Physiotherapist/ Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine
ORGANISATION: Shrewsbury Town Football Club
WORKPLACE: Shrewsbury Sports Village, Sundorne Road, Shrewsbury, SY1 4RQ
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent contract
CLOSING DATE: Monday 23rd November 2020
Shrewsbury Town FC is seeking a Head of Academy Sports Science & Medicine who will be responsible for the provisions of Sports Science and Medicine for all Academy players from U9-U18’s.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To lead the delivery of the Sports Science & Medicine Programme for all academy age groups from U9-U18.
- Giving appropriate treatment and rehabilitation to injured players within the Professional Development Phase (PDP) and to provide medical cover at all PDP training sessions, fixtures and tournaments
- Organise rotas to ensure that all training sessions and fixtures across the whole Academy programme from U9s to U16s are covered appropriately.
- Manage the medical cover for all Academy teams (U9-U16) on a weekly basis and monitor and manage Academy players’ injuries.
- To ensure that appropriate and comprehensive medical notes are completed for all players within the academy.
- To ensure that coaching staff are made aware of all injuries sustained by players and the progress of such players at appropriate stages.
- Responsible for ensuring the medical department is meeting EFL rules and mandatory requirements under the governance of the EPPP.
- Ensure continued development of the part-time Academy medical staff.
- To record all injuries on the PMA producing injury audits for all phases of the academy (PDP, YDP, FDP).
- To organise and co-ordinate appropriate cardiac screening for the U15, 18, 19 & 21 age groups in line with EPPP requirements.
- To liaise on a regular basis with the first team medical staff to link academy players into the first team environment. To support the first team medical staff when needed and to support and manage the transition with the first and second-year professionals.
To be responsible to:
- The Academy Manager on medical matters affecting Academy players.
- The Academy Coaches in relation to players, their injury status and prevention of injury strategies.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
- FA Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF) (Level 4) qualification
- Be able to communicate to the highest level.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, reliability and the ability to ensure confidentiality at all time.
- Friendly, well organized with the ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Possess strong time management skills and have a flexible approach to work.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Previous experience in a similar role within an elite sporting environment
- Experience of using PMA system
- Completed FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Knowledge of EPPP in relation to a Category 3 academy
- Additional requirements that would be ideal but not a requirement for shortlisting. For example:
- Therapist experience within a football environment
- Hold a full driving license
How to apply
- To apply for the Head Academy Physiotherapist role please email Adam Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org) Head Academy Physiotherapist with a covering letter and a CV.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview (Interviews beginning week of 23rd November)
- Closing Date: Monday 23rd November 2020
- Interviews: Will be arranged upon receipt of applications