An exciting vacancy arises in the Shrewsbury Town medical department.
Shrewsbury Town Football Club is seeking a full-time Senior Physiotherapist. The successful candidate will be a committed and passionate member of our backroom staff with main duties involving the first-team squad.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, hardworking and possess exceptional communication skills and critical decision-making under pressure. The successful candidate should understand the level of commitment and proficiency required and has displayed this consistently.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assessment and diagnosis of musculoskeletal conditions related to players within the first-team squad and the implementation of appropriate treatment and rehabilitation strategies.
- Pre-training management of players including strapping and taping and administration of treatment as required.
- Close liaison with the Club Doctor, Sports Scientists and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to optimise player medical care and performance.
- Delivery of individual and squad-based injury prevention programmes based on screening, past medical history and injury trends.
- The examination and assessment of all new players prior to signing for the Club.
- Implementing strategies to maximising player performance on the football field from a medical perspective.
- Reporting of all injuries to the manager and coaching staff and provide updates on all players rehabilitation progress
- Arrange consultations with medical personnel and any relevant investigation related to an injury.
- Complete comprehensive and confidential medical records for all professional players
- Provide medical cover for all first-team and occasional other matches
- Be involved in clinical governance and maintain professional registration
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy Degree
- Registration with CSP and HCPC
- Valid ATMMiF course
- A full Drivers Licence
- Minimum 3 years post-graduate experience
- Minimum three years experience in elite/ professional sport with experience of working with elite athletes
- Experience in the development and delivery of research-based injury prevention
- Experience in planning and delivery of rehabilitation programmes to elite athletes
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
- Location: Shrewsbury
- Contract type: (Full-time)
- Closing date: 7 June 2021
- Interview date: 14 June 2021