Shrewsbury Town Football Club are seeking to recruit a Full-Time Assistant Groundskeeper who will be required to assist the Head Groundsman in the delivery of pitch maintenance and improvements at both the Montgomery Waters Meadow and Sundorne Castle Training Ground sites.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Presentation of all pitches to the highest standard for matches and training schedules.
- Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preparations.
- Assisting with the creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Assisting to ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
- Assisting in an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out.
- Liaising with the First Team Manager and coaching staff in absence of Head Groundsman on a daily basis to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training.
- Be available for the required training as prescribed by the football club.
- Any other duties as required and directed by the Head Groundsman or CEO
Shrewsbury Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Shrewsbury Town Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending the application form together with a cv, by email to email@example.com
The application form can be found here