Shrewsbury Town Football Club is recruiting a Club Journalist to work within the Club's Media department.
About the role
To take the lead on the implementation of the Club’s written output, working with both internal departments and external companies. To assist with the long term development of the Club’s written strategy across all of its digital channels as well as printed output across the Club.
- Take a leading role in the development of the Club's written output.
- Take a leading role in the editorial process of the Club’s matchday programme.
- Responsible for interviewing Manager, players, Club staff and fans for use on iFollow Shrews, website and programme.
- Take an active role in creating engaging written work for the Club’s website and programme.
- Interview Manager and player in pre-match press conferences.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the Club’s website.
- Programme editor for the Club’s matchday programme.
- Be at the forefront of researching and creating engaging written pieces for the Club’s website throughout the week.
- Work closely with an external party with the production of the matchday programme.
- Work with the commercial department to ensure partner agreements are adhered to on the Club website and matchday programme.
- Assist with ensuring the Club’s identity is kept throughout all departments in it’s written output, such as but not limited to our Academy, Women’s Team and Shrewsbury Town in the Community.
- Assist with the day to day running and supervision of the media team.
- Ad-hoc duties.
About the Club
Formed in 1886, Shrewsbury Town Football Club joined the Football League in 1950 competing in the Third Division North, and eventually earned promotion to Division Two against all the odds, the division now known as the Championship.
A family club in the beating heart of the Shropshire community, Shrewsbury Town stands for inclusion, togetherness and standing tall amongst giants. Our motto Floreat Salopia - Latin for Shropshire Flourish - matches our Club vision and employee ethos of going above and beyond for the benefit of the Salopian family.
Under the stewardship of Chairman Roland Wycherley MBE, Vice-Chairman Paul Delves and CEO Brian Caldwell, Shrewsbury Town Football Club is deeply committed to the local community and its supporters and continually strives to ensure that every point of engagement makes a significant positive difference. Together we can do more, and together we can achieve.
Contract Type – Permanent
Hours Per Week – 37.5
Salary – Competitive
Shrewsbury Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Shrewsbury Town Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending the application form below along with a portfolio of any work, by email to email@example.com
A detailed job description can be found here
The application form can be found here.