Due to our Club Doctor leaving to join a Championship Club we now have a vacancy for part time Club Doctor.
Shrewsbury Town FC is seeking to appoint a part-time First Team Club Doctor to support our Medical Department at our Sundorne Castle Training Ground and Montgomery Waters Meadow to deliver medical care to our first-team squad.
The successful applicant will report to the First Team Manager/Head Physiotherapist and deliver high-quality medical care to all players at Shrewsbury Town FC, promoting and protecting their health and well-being.
You will also be required to provide leadership to the Medical Department and work closely with the Head Physiotherapist to develop a successful multidisciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and be able to attend our Sundorne Castle training ground a couple of times per week to liaise with the First team Manager and Head Physiotherapist
A current GMC registration, licence to practise, ATMMiF Pitch Side Qualification or equivalent (or working towards) are essential and a higher qualification in sports medicine (ie UK Diploma) is desirable.
The main duties of the role are:
- Assistance with diagnosis and treatment of injuries.
- Assistance with medical examinations of new players
- Communication and reporting of medical statuses to the Management team.
- Medical and health screening of players.
- Incorporation of the latest evidence-based clinical and scientific research into the highest level of care.
- Development and implementation of medical best practice policies and procedures, including the Emergency Action Plan(s).
- Undertaking CPD as prescribed by the FA, EFL, and the Club.
- Provision of emergency match day medical cover for players and officials during first team home matches (as required).
- Understanding of and compliance with The FA Anti-Doping Regulations and the WADA List of Prohibited Substances & Methods.
- Maintenance of accurate and updated medical records of all diagnoses, injuries, and treatments, whilst abiding by medical policies and legislation.
Shrewsbury Town FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
Applications are being invited by the submission of a current CV, via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org