Shrewsbury Town Football Club is seeking to recruit a Head of Media who will be responsible for the Club’s media strategy, managing press relationships, and producing content for the Club’s official website and various social media channels. You will also lead the production of the Club’s matchday programme as well as the i-Follow streaming service, amongst more.
This role will require attendance at all of the Club’s home and away matches where they will lead the Club’s matchday output and press management. You must be willing to work unsociable hours.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead on all media output. Plan, produce, and deliver content across all platforms, including www.shrewsburytown.com, EFL I-Follow, and social media channels.
- Manage the Club’s relationships with press, ensuring a proactive and positive presence in the media for Club staff and players.
- Follow the Club’s strategy to actively engage with all stakeholders across all available and suitable platforms.
- Lead on Club communication to media, supporters, and staff, especially in reactive situations.
- Ensure the website is regularly updated with informative and engaging content and that all the pages are regularly kept up to date.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the performance of the Club’s digital channels, leading the department to drive optimisation and improvement.
- Lead on production of the Club’s popular Matchday programme, editing content, managing designers & printers, and ensuring the Club is maximising revenue.
- Manage the Club’s I-Follow streaming service, ensuring the production quality remains high and ensuring it is proactively advertised.
- Work alongside the Club’s commercial and marketing departments to make sure the Club is driving matchday and non-matchday revenue.
- Manage budgets across the department.
- Work alongside marketing and retail teams to ensure timely updating and freshness of the Club’s retail website.
- Ensure the timely release of content to meet deadlines and requirements of various Club departments.
- Continue to develop the Club’s brand position and ethos.
- Line-management of the Club’s Reporter and Videographer/Graphics, making sure that tasks and responsibilities are suitably delegated.
- Manage a number of key matchday personnel, including a small intern team, Club photographer, Scoreboard, and PA announcer.
- Perform other duties as required, which are considered relevant to the post and the objectives of the Club or as specified by the Club’s CEO.
Shrewsbury Town Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Shrewsbury Town Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service prior to taking up any role.
If you feel you have the qualities and experience we are looking for please apply by sending your cv by email to email@example.com
A copy of the job description and personal specification can be found here
The Closing Date for applications is Sunday 17th July 2022
Due to the high number of applicants expected only shortlisted candidates will be contacted