Shrewsbury Town Football Club’s accounts for the 2020/21 financial year have been released and shared with Salop's shareholders.
As with previous seasons, Town supporter Ant Thomas has prepared a full and detailed report to help explain the accounts to all of our supporters.
You can read the full report here
The headlines are as follows.
- The club made a loss in the year of £1.5m (19/20 season – loss of £0.7m. The £0.8m increase in loss is due to:
- A fall in turnover of £1.9m
- Offset by a reduction in costs of £0.6m and an increase in other operating income of £0.5m
- The club continues to have no debt and held £2.3m cash in the bank at 30 June 2021 (June 2020 – £3.3m).
- The directors did not take a salary or dividend payments from the club consistent with prior years.
- The club was in a positive net assets position at 30th June 2021 of £15.1m – that is to say it had £15.1m more assets than liabilities at that date (June 2020 - £16.5m).
If anyone has any questions or comments please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org