Shrewsbury Town are seeking a head groundskeeper who will be responsible for pitch maintenance and improvement at both the Croud Meadow and Sundorne Castle Training Ground.
Managing a team of staff, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality playing surfaces. The job requires flexible working to meet first-team commitments.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Presentation of all pitches to the highest standard for matches and training schedules.
· Carrying out general ground duties which includes: cutting the grass, watering the pitches, marking the pitches and all match preparation.
· Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
· Establishing and managing budgets for all aspects of work undertaken and ensuring those budgets are adhered to.
· Liaising with suppliers to order products and services where required.
· Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
· Managing and upskilling your team of staff to ensure they are capable of carrying out their duties independently and to an acceptable standard.
· Presenting and managing an end-of-season/closed-season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers.
· Liaising with the first team head coach and coaching staff on a daily basis to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training.
· Providing support and training to any apprentices and under-skilled staff.
· Maintaining and creating relationships with key suppliers.
· Be available for the required training as prescribed by the football club.
· Any other duties as required and directed by the facilities manager and senior management team.
Email your CV to Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org