PLAYER CARE AT SHREWSBURY TOWN ACADEMY
At Shrewsbury Town FC Academy, the player care team will holistically support the player throughout their time at the academy. We will help the player during critical moments and guide players through transitions within the elite environment.
“To prepare, protect, empower and support the player as a human being first so that they can flourish on and off the pitch on their quest to first-team football”
The player will:
- Work within a safe and positive environment.
- Have “Safe Spaces” to have an open and honest chat with player care staff
- Feel valued and cared for
- Have daily 1-1 contact with player care staff, additionally 1-1 scheduled sessions using the wellbeing wheel.
- Experience a comprehensive life skills programme
“Safeguarding and player care is everyone's responsibility”
The Shrewsbury Town Staff:
- Are a supportive caring team of staff
- Will encourage you to speak to a member of staff, a teacher, a parent, a carer, a friend or a teammate, if you have any player care or safeguarding concerns.
- Will be proactive rather than reactive in supporting the player on their journey.
- Will help find you the support you need through appropriate signposting.
- Are there to support your needs
Contact our head of player care, Natalie Wood, at email@example.com or via 07512308593
- FA Safeguarding: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EFL Safeguarding: safeguarding@EFL.com
- View our Safeguarding Strategy
- View our Safer Working Practice Guide
- View our Prevent Policy
- View our Equality Policy
- View our Child-Friendly Safeguarding Policy